Motorcyclist involved in wreck arrested on warrants
August 29, 2014
A Plumas Lake man who escaped serious injury Wednesday afternoon after crashing his motorcycle ended up in jail after being treated for his injuries.
Joshua Ayres, 22, sustained head injuries after the accident on Highway 20 near Bennett Street just before 4 p.m., which tangled traffic for over an hour.
Ayres reportedly was driving a 2014 Harley Davidson at high speed and was trying to split the lanes when he miscalculated and struck the rear of a VW sedan. He was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with minor to moderate injuries, treated and released.
Ayres was driving on a suspended license due to driving under the influence, and had at least one no-bail warrant out of Sacramento County. He currently is in custody at Wayne Brown Correctional Facility and reportedly will be extradited on that warrant.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man agitated after confrontation over stolen water
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Blood’ on woman’s face and arms turns out to be paint
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hoops players refuse to leave
- Auburn Police arrest attempted kidnap suspect
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker