Motorcyclist involved in wreck arrested on warrants
August 29, 2014
A Plumas Lake man who escaped serious injury Wednesday afternoon after crashing his motorcycle ended up in jail after being treated for his injuries.
Joshua Ayres, 22, sustained head injuries after the accident on Highway 20 near Bennett Street just before 4 p.m., which tangled traffic for over an hour.
Ayres reportedly was driving a 2014 Harley Davidson at high speed and was trying to split the lanes when he miscalculated and struck the rear of a VW sedan. He was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with minor to moderate injuries, treated and released.
Ayres was driving on a suspended license due to driving under the influence, and had at least one no-bail warrant out of Sacramento County. He currently is in custody at Wayne Brown Correctional Facility and reportedly will be extradited on that warrant.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller concerned about speed limits
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Vape pen cause fire in pants
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Friend’ takes motorhome back to Grass Valley
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation