Motorcyclist involved in wreck arrested on warrants
August 29, 2014
A Plumas Lake man who escaped serious injury Wednesday afternoon after crashing his motorcycle ended up in jail after being treated for his injuries.
Joshua Ayres, 22, sustained head injuries after the accident on Highway 20 near Bennett Street just before 4 p.m., which tangled traffic for over an hour.
Ayres reportedly was driving a 2014 Harley Davidson at high speed and was trying to split the lanes when he miscalculated and struck the rear of a VW sedan. He was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with minor to moderate injuries, treated and released.
Ayres was driving on a suspended license due to driving under the influence, and had at least one no-bail warrant out of Sacramento County. He currently is in custody at Wayne Brown Correctional Facility and reportedly will be extradited on that warrant.
Trending In: Crime
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball