Guard arrested for possession of child pornography
July 12, 2014
The Placer County Sheriff's Office arrested a private security guard Thursday night for possession of child pornography.
James Lee Johnson, 49, of Citrus Heights, was booked at the Placer County Jail on charges of possessing child pornography. His bail is set at $50,000.
The case came to the attention of Placer County sheriff's detectives Thursday, after Johnson left a computer thumb drive at the Los Lagos security office/guard shack off of Auburn Folsom Road in Granite Bay, where he's employed. After realizing he'd left it behind, he called another employee to place it in his work mailbox. The employee looked at the contents of the thumb drive, reportedly found child pornography and contacted the Placer County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives served a search warrant at Johnson's Citrus Heights home last night, where he was arrested and several computers were removed for forensic exam.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man gets lost on way to bed after power goes out
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Pathologist: Grass Valley murder victim shot nine times in face
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council