Grass Valley man arrested for sex with minor
March 28, 2014
Danial Burley, a 20-year-old resident of Grass Valley, has been charged with unlawful sexual contact with a young girl.
"All I can say, because of the nature of the investigation, is that we developed information that he was having unlawful intercourse with a female that was 13 years of age," said Keith Royal, Nevada County Sheriff. "After a number of interviews, we determined that there was probable cause for him to be arrested."
Authorities are being tight-lipped about the details of the case to protect the identity of the victim, but Royal told The Union that investigators believe any sexual contact that may have taken place was consensual.
Burley was arrested and transported to jail at approximately 8 a.m. Wednesday. As of Thursday night, he was being held on $400,000 bail.
To contact staff writer Dave Brooksher, send emails to email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller concerned about speed limits
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Vape pen cause fire in pants
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Friend’ takes motorhome back to Grass Valley
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation