Grass Valley man arrested for sex with minor
March 28, 2014
Danial Burley, a 20-year-old resident of Grass Valley, has been charged with unlawful sexual contact with a young girl.
"All I can say, because of the nature of the investigation, is that we developed information that he was having unlawful intercourse with a female that was 13 years of age," said Keith Royal, Nevada County Sheriff. "After a number of interviews, we determined that there was probable cause for him to be arrested."
Authorities are being tight-lipped about the details of the case to protect the identity of the victim, but Royal told The Union that investigators believe any sexual contact that may have taken place was consensual.
Burley was arrested and transported to jail at approximately 8 a.m. Wednesday. As of Thursday night, he was being held on $400,000 bail.
To contact staff writer Dave Brooksher, send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Chicken booked in Nevada City
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Grass Valley police: Burglary suspect broke window, then chased another man down the street
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller complains of harassment from former manure buyer
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville