Grass Valley man arrested for sex with minor
March 28, 2014
Danial Burley, a 20-year-old resident of Grass Valley, has been charged with unlawful sexual contact with a young girl.
"All I can say, because of the nature of the investigation, is that we developed information that he was having unlawful intercourse with a female that was 13 years of age," said Keith Royal, Nevada County Sheriff. "After a number of interviews, we determined that there was probable cause for him to be arrested."
Authorities are being tight-lipped about the details of the case to protect the identity of the victim, but Royal told The Union that investigators believe any sexual contact that may have taken place was consensual.
Burley was arrested and transported to jail at approximately 8 a.m. Wednesday. As of Thursday night, he was being held on $400,000 bail.
To contact staff writer Dave Brooksher, send emails to email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Robert Lewis Taylor, convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller complains of harassment from former manure buyer
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- No progress reported in former Nevada County resident’s murder investigation
- Carjacking suspect James Jerold Zinola-Young pleads no contest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County