Four arrested on drug charges at North Church Street residence
August 15, 2014
A collaborative effort by local law enforcement agencies resulted in the arrest of four people on drug charges at a Grass Valley residence.
Nevada City and Grass Valley detectives worked with members of the Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force to the North Church Street residence of James Robert Terry, 27, because he had several outstanding warrants, said Grass Valley Police Det. Brian Blakemore.
Terry tried to flee out the back bedroom window, but retreated back inside when he spotted deputies stationed outside, Blakemore said. He eventually was detained at the front door.
During a search of the residence, a small amount of suspected methamphetamine and heroin was found floating in a toilet, probably in an attempt to flush it, Blakemore said.
A woman identified as Tara Leigh McIntire, 31, reportedly claimed the drugs and was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance. She was booked and released on $10,000 bail.
Another woman, Kiera Jolyn Peach, 22, was found with approximately a half-gram of meth and a pipe; she was booked on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, as well as a warrant, and was being held in lieu of $11,750 bail.
A third woman, identified as Tonya Lynn Edwards, 46, was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance, booked and released on $1,000 bail.
Terry, 27, was booked into county jail on suspicion of violating probation and resisting arrest, as well as the warrants. He was being held without bail.
Terry had been arrested in May and charged with vehicle theft and possessing stolen property, and had failed to appear in court June 26.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Chicken booked in Nevada City
- Grass Valley police: Burglary suspect broke window, then chased another man down the street
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller complains of harassment from former manure buyer
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations