Electrician allegedly shoots at home in Nevada County
August 7, 2014
A man hired by a couple to do some electrical work on their Perimeter Road house ended up in jail after reportedly getting drunk, "flipping out" and shooting at the house.
The residents said their regular electrician wasn't available, but that he recommended Brendon Peterson, said Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal.
Peterson reportedly showed up late, but did the work, finishing about 7:30 p.m., Royal said.
"They invited him for a few drinks and then he passed out," Royal said.
The victims apparently tried to wake him and Peterson reportedly became belligerent, pulling a knife and brandishing it.
Peterson then left the house and went to his vehicle, only to come back with a handgun, Royal said.
The couple jumped out a back window to escape as Peterson began shooting at the house, apparently breaking the outer panes of two dual-pane windows with what appeared to be a "snake load," Royal said.
Peterson then left in his vehicle a little after 8:45 p.m., and the victims called 911.
Peterson was spotted at Perimeter and Indian Springs Roads and a pursuit ensued at speeds reaching about 80 mph, Royal said.
Peterson eventually was stopped on McCourtney Road near the fairgrounds after a spike strip was deployed.
According to Royal, no weapon was found in the truck, but the gun was recovered later on the roadside after a search.
Peterson, 28, was booked into county jail on suspicion of assault with a firearm on a person, shooting at an inhabited dwelling, reckless evasion of a peace officer, and driving under the influence.
He was being held in lieu of $51,948 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Chicken booked in Nevada City
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Cows wander into children’s camp
- Grass Valley police: Burglary suspect broke window, then chased another man down the street
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)