Driver in solo crash suspected of DUI
April 18, 2014
North San Juan firefighters responded to a vehicle accident on Pine Grove Reservoir Road at about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday, and the driver ended up in custody on DUI charges.
The first unit on scene found a Chevrolet Suburban crashed into a tree with the injured driver stuck between the seats and dashboard, said North San Juan Fire spokesman Christoffer Montelius. Firefighters extricated the patient, who was treated and transported by Sierra Nevada hospital ambulance to Station 3 on Tyler Foote Road where he was transferred to an air ambulance and flown to a trauma center.
The driver, identified as William Armijo, 42, of Penn Valley, was not wearing a seatbelt, said CHP spokesman Greg Tassone. He sustained moderate injuries and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence before being released for treatment at Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Carjacking suspect James Jerold Zinola-Young pleads no contest
- No suspects identified in Camptonville shooting
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man seeks bus ticket to Seattle
- No progress reported in former Nevada County resident’s murder investigation
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth