Driver in solo crash suspected of DUI
April 18, 2014
North San Juan firefighters responded to a vehicle accident on Pine Grove Reservoir Road at about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday, and the driver ended up in custody on DUI charges.
The first unit on scene found a Chevrolet Suburban crashed into a tree with the injured driver stuck between the seats and dashboard, said North San Juan Fire spokesman Christoffer Montelius. Firefighters extricated the patient, who was treated and transported by Sierra Nevada hospital ambulance to Station 3 on Tyler Foote Road where he was transferred to an air ambulance and flown to a trauma center.
The driver, identified as William Armijo, 42, of Penn Valley, was not wearing a seatbelt, said CHP spokesman Greg Tassone. He sustained moderate injuries and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence before being released for treatment at Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man agitated after confrontation over stolen water
- Grass Valley suspect in vehicle break-in arrested
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Narcotics detectives arrest 11 in Grass Valley
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Blood’ on woman’s face and arms turns out to be paint
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)