Drive-by shooting on Henderson Street, Grass Valley, Saturday
May 6, 2014
Just after 8 p.m. Saturday evening, a caller on the 300 block of Henderson Street reported that a man, driving a Chrysler, pulled up to his residence, asked the caller "what his problem was," then shot at his truck and an upstairs apartment.
Nobody was wounded, according to police logs.
Sgt. Clint Bates, with the Grass Valley Police Department, said the investigation was ongoing but did confirm that the shooting took place.
Investigators currently believe that only one shot was fired, and the bullet that struck the apartment was a ricochet.
"Officers conducted an investigation revealing that a subject fired a single shot at the victim, missing the victim and striking his vehicle, causing a ricochet, which struck an apartment," Bates said.
"Detectives were called out to the scene and the case is currently being investigated by our detectives unit," he added.
"It looks like it possibly stemmed from an ongoing dispute between two known parties."
— Dave Brooksher
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Peeping Tom and a pinkie swear
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man gets lost on way to bed after power goes out
- Nevada County Police Blotter: People licking their lips, hurting children