Deputy arrested for unlawful sex
July 12, 2014
Placer County Sheriff's Deputy Ken Skogen was arrested Thursday by investigators from the Placer County District Attorney's Office, according to a press release.
Skogen has been charged with four felony counts stemming from a 2011 relationship the deputy had with a 17-year-old victim who, at the time, was a volunteer with the Placer County Sheriff's Department.
The felony complaint filed against Skogen in the Placer County Superior Court alleges one count of unlawful sex with a minor, one count of oral copulation with a minor, one count of meeting with a minor for the purposes of having sex and one count of communicating with a minor for the purposes of engaging in lewd or lascivious behavior.
The investigation began after the Placer County Sheriff's Office received information from another deputy that Skogen had allegedly been involved in an inappropriate relationship with the victim.
Given that Deputy Skogen, the reporting deputy, and the victim all worked at the Sheriff's Office at the time of the alleged offense, the Placer County Sheriff's Office requested that the District Attorney's Office conduct an investigation into allegations made against Skogen. That investigation led to the charges filed in the criminal complaint.
Skogen's bail was set at $100,000, which he posted. He is scheduled for arraignment on the charges on Aug. 4.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Vape pen cause fire in pants
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller concerned about speed limits
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Friend’ takes motorhome back to Grass Valley
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house