Alleged threat. assault lead to arrest
July 16, 2014
A Grass valley man ended up in jail after reportedly threatening and assaulting a neighbor Tuesday morning.
A woman in the 400 block of Brighton Street called 911 a little after 2 a.m. to report that her neighbor threatened to shoot her and her family, then left, driving backwards, according to dispatch reports.
The man, identified as Jesse Thayer Smith, 36, reportedly also attacked her.
Grass Valley Police officers responded and eventually located Smith at Allison Ranch and McCourtney roads, said Officer Colin Nelson.
Smith was found to be driving under the influence, and a search uncovered suspected methamphetamine, Nelson said.
Smith was booked into county jail on suspicion of making criminal threats, battery, possession of a controlled substance, and driving under the influence. He was being held in lieu of $14,646 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller concerned about speed limits
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Vape pen cause fire in pants
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Friend’ takes motorhome back to Grass Valley
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation