Alleged threat. assault lead to arrest
July 16, 2014
A Grass valley man ended up in jail after reportedly threatening and assaulting a neighbor Tuesday morning.
A woman in the 400 block of Brighton Street called 911 a little after 2 a.m. to report that her neighbor threatened to shoot her and her family, then left, driving backwards, according to dispatch reports.
The man, identified as Jesse Thayer Smith, 36, reportedly also attacked her.
Grass Valley Police officers responded and eventually located Smith at Allison Ranch and McCourtney roads, said Officer Colin Nelson.
Smith was found to be driving under the influence, and a search uncovered suspected methamphetamine, Nelson said.
Smith was booked into county jail on suspicion of making criminal threats, battery, possession of a controlled substance, and driving under the influence. He was being held in lieu of $14,646 bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Peeping Tom and a pinkie swear
- Trio charged in Nevada County pot grow murder have extensive criminal history
- Pathologist: Grass Valley murder victim shot nine times in face