Alleged Nevada City road rage puts man in jail
July 29, 2014
A man who reportedly tried to run a vehicle off the road that contained his ex, and their 4-month-old child, ended up in jail.
The woman called 911 at about 10:30 p.m. Friday to report the father of her child was trying to run her off the road at Gold Flat and Ridge roads, according to dispatch reports.
The victim, who was not being identified, told Nevada City Police officers she had loaned him her vehicle earlier, then went to the Nevada City Inn on Zion Street to recover it. She reportedly changed her mind and began to leave, said Sgt. Paul Rohde.
"He saw her and began chasing her in a reckless manner," Rohde said.
Terry Lee Hoffman, 32, was arrested and booked into county jail on suspicion of violating a restraining order, assault with a deadly weapon and child endangerment. He was booked and released on $35,750 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- No progress reported in former Nevada County resident’s murder investigation
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Carjacking suspect James Jerold Zinola-Young pleads no contest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man seeks bus ticket to Seattle
- No suspects identified in Camptonville shooting
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom