Alleged Nevada City road rage puts man in jail
July 29, 2014
A man who reportedly tried to run a vehicle off the road that contained his ex, and their 4-month-old child, ended up in jail.
The woman called 911 at about 10:30 p.m. Friday to report the father of her child was trying to run her off the road at Gold Flat and Ridge roads, according to dispatch reports.
The victim, who was not being identified, told Nevada City Police officers she had loaned him her vehicle earlier, then went to the Nevada City Inn on Zion Street to recover it. She reportedly changed her mind and began to leave, said Sgt. Paul Rohde.
"He saw her and began chasing her in a reckless manner," Rohde said.
Terry Lee Hoffman, 32, was arrested and booked into county jail on suspicion of violating a restraining order, assault with a deadly weapon and child endangerment. He was booked and released on $35,750 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Vape pen cause fire in pants
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller worried people there to ‘teach him a lesson’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Friend’ takes motorhome back to Grass Valley
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site