Alleged Nevada City road rage puts man in jail
July 29, 2014
A man who reportedly tried to run a vehicle off the road that contained his ex, and their 4-month-old child, ended up in jail.
The woman called 911 at about 10:30 p.m. Friday to report the father of her child was trying to run her off the road at Gold Flat and Ridge roads, according to dispatch reports.
The victim, who was not being identified, told Nevada City Police officers she had loaned him her vehicle earlier, then went to the Nevada City Inn on Zion Street to recover it. She reportedly changed her mind and began to leave, said Sgt. Paul Rohde.
"He saw her and began chasing her in a reckless manner," Rohde said.
Terry Lee Hoffman, 32, was arrested and booked into county jail on suspicion of violating a restraining order, assault with a deadly weapon and child endangerment. He was booked and released on $35,750 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller complains of harassment from former manure buyer
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- No progress reported in former Nevada County resident’s murder investigation
- Carjacking suspect James Jerold Zinola-Young pleads no contest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County