Alleged assault of 2 elderly men leads to arrest
April 22, 2014
David Ian Lisak, 45, of Nevada City, was arrested by the Nevada County Sheriff Department Saturday evening, for allegedly assaulting two elderly Bay Area men. Lisak is charged with assault with a deadly weapon, battery with serious bodily injury, brandishing a firearm and harming an elderly victim.
Sgt. Tim Werner told The Union that there was reportedly a confrontation between Lisak and the two men, who were both riding All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) near Lisak's property on Last Chance Mine Road, in the Washington area.
"One victim was 65, the other victim 66 years of age," Werner said. "It looks like these two guys were riding their ATVs, I guess on Lisak's property, is what Lisak says, and he confronted them."
The victims were reportedly from out of town and riding the ATVs in the Washington area when they stopped to eat lunch. They then were confronted by Lisak's girlfriend, who said, "You're trespassing."
The two then left the area.
"But Lisak apparently accused them of trespassing and threatening his girlfriend," Werner told The Union. "The suspect tracked them down and did his business. The report also indicates that he was armed with a pistol."
According to online documents, Lisak has been previously arrested and convicted on three felony counts and two driving under the influence charges.
Werner said there is no indication that Lisak was under the influence of anything during Friday's alleged attack.
Lisak, a tattoo artist, was placed on $85,000 bail, but court records show that he paid the bail and is not in custody.
To contact Staff Writer Ivan Natividad, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4236.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man answers door naked, stating claim to be there
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Narcotics detectives arrest 11 in Grass Valley
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person on bench found to be napping
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum