Local advocates for the Empire Mine State Historic Park expressed dismay after officials from the California Department of Parks and Recreation indicated they would not fund the continued construction of a 875-foot underground mine tunnel.
Construction of Empire Mine’s tourist tunnel comes to a halt
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Probation arrests reflect Nevada County court ‘revolving door’
- Jury returns verdict in Hodges attempted murder case