A brutal crowbar assault that sent one man to the hospital and one man to jail stemmed from a barroom fight that began when “someone called someone else a cowboy,” said Nevada County Sheriff’s Lt. Steve Tripp.
Assault reportedly started with ‘cowboy’ comment
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Police blotter: Gypsy panhandler, aggressive turkey prompt 911 calls
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Couple facing multiple animal cruelty charges
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks