After reading the response by Nevada County Fair board president Tom Browning and CEO Sandy Woods in The Union (June 24) regarding the board’s decision to retain the contract with Have Trunk Will Travel for elephant rides at this year’s fair, we at the Performing Animal Welfare Society felt compelled to respond.
Elephant rides at the fair: Another look at the facts
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Police blotter: Woman reports nanotechnology in stomach causing problems
- Grass Valley man arrested in connection with car theft