State Senator Ted Gaines, R-Roseville, one of the two state senators currently representing Nevada County, has sponsored a bill that would allow counties to secure reimbursement for the provision of public defender services for persons prosecuted by the California Attorney General.
Nevada County seeking to recoup costs for Lester case
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Probation arrests reflect Nevada County court ‘revolving door’
- Jury returns verdict in Hodges attempted murder case