A recent inspection by the California Department of Agriculture that resulted in the confiscation of a local egg distributor’s product has touched off a variety of community reactions spanning the gamut from accusations of government overreach, to claims the inspections are routine and innocuous with an eye toward public safety.
Agricultural inspections of eggs stoke community outrage
Trending in: Crime
- Two arrested on drug charges after probation search
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- Suspect in Grass Valley vehicle break-ins pleads not guilty
- Police blotter: Girl selling cookies a cause for concern