A recent letter to the editor published in The Union suggested area residents who have lost loved ones in accidents on Highway 174 should place memorials along the roadway in their memory.
Caltrans: Highway memorials not safe, not legal
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Police blotter: Alpacas always on the lam
- Probation arrests reflect Nevada County court ‘revolving door’