Having grown up in the concrete sidewalk world of San Francisco, California, I always enjoyed our family excursions to Golden Gate Park, or, too infrequently, to Mt. Tamalpias in Marin County. Now that we live in beautiful Nevada County, my wife and I regale at the lushness of the trees, meadows, streams and rivers that are a short walk or slightly longer drive from our home.
Protect public forests from privatization
Trending in: Crime
- Police Blotter: March 10, 2014
- Modesto couple arrested for check forgery after Grass Valley traffic stop
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Nevada City man arrested for 5th time, misses his court date
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death