Responding to the “opinion” letter of Thomas Streicher of March 13, I have some opinions of my own. After reading his letter in its entirety, I called The Union Managing Editor Brian Hamilton to express my utter shock that he would publish such a blatant example of “yellow journalism.” His response was that Mr. Streicher had his right to his opinion. Brian knows that while we each have rights to our own “opinions,” we do not have a right to create our own “facts.”
Opinion or yellow journalism?
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Police blotter: Bears and beehives
- Probation arrests reflect Nevada County court ‘revolving door’
- Weekend of fights in downtown Nevada City keeps cops hopping
- Jury returns verdict in Hodges attempted murder case