Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Crime
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- Nevada City woman charged with DUI after crashing into parked car
- Two arrested in connection with sale of stolen vehicle parts, drugs
- Man arrested after reportedly getting caught with 15-year-old runaway
- Grass Valley teen involved in high-speed pursuit of stolen car takes plea agreement