Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Crime
- Grass Valley man arrested after alleged shoplifting incident leads to injured store employee
- Nevada City's Alpha building receives long-planned makeover
- Chaos theory: 'Active shooter' training prepares law enforcement for worst-case scenarios
- Nevada City resident files class-action suit against Volkswagen
- Nevada County pot cultivation case challenged on constitutionality issue