Drivers in the greater Sacramento region who are still using handheld cell phones or texting will be targeted for special enforcement in a campaign that started Monday. Extra law enforcement officers from 37 police departments and the California Highway Patrol will be on the streets through March 10, looking for those putting themselves and others in danger by these distracted driving practices.
Get off your phone! Fresh enforcement of cell phone ban by CHP
Trending in: Crime
- Youtube lesson leads to 2 arrests for outdoor honey oil lab
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Nevada County motorcyclist injured after hitting deer
- Police Blotter April 21: Man yells in underwear, baby born on meth
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment