Drivers in the greater Sacramento region who are still using handheld cell phones or texting will be targeted for special enforcement in a campaign that started Monday. Extra law enforcement officers from 37 police departments and the California Highway Patrol will be on the streets through March 10, looking for those putting themselves and others in danger by these distracted driving practices.
Get off your phone! Fresh enforcement of cell phone ban by CHP
Trending in: Crime
- Two arrested on drug charges after probation search
- Police blotter: Humanity-hating man reported
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- CHP on hunt for Camptonville hit and run driver
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges