The National Rifle Association represents deer hunters, self-defense and Second Amendment devotees. But in a very direct way, the NRA also represents Bushmaster, Browning, Smith & Wesson, and the rest of the gun industry. Gun-makers have donated at least $39 million to the NRA in recent years and have become deeply enmeshed with the organization.
Who does the NRA really speak for?
Trending in: Crime
- Police Blotter: March 10, 2014
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Nevada City man arrested for 5th time, misses his court date
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death
- 2 arrested in connection with stolen vehicle