Songwriters Billy Bensing and Kellie Garmire will be making their debut Old 5Mile House performance Tuesday. A Philadelphia native, Bensing left for Europe and the Parisian Metro busking circuit at the age of 16. From there, his travels took him through Sydney, Los Angeles and finally a more permanent home in the foothills of the Sierra. He wrote, played and recorded music on every stop along the way. His 2005 collaboration with flutist Mary Youngblood was featured in a Grammy Award-winning CD called “Dance with the Wind.” His voice has been favorably compared with those of James Taylor, Cat Stevens and Neil Young.
Bensing, Garmire set for Old 5Mile House debut
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Jury returns verdict in Hodges attempted murder case
- Probation arrests reflect Nevada County court ‘revolving door’