TRUCKEE — Conservation groups Friday morning announced the purchase and protection from development of the nation’s largest cross-country ski area, the 3,000-acre Royal Gorge property on Donner Summit in the Sierra Nevada.
Sierra Nevada land trust partners complete $11.25M Royal Gorge purchase
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Jury returns verdict in Hodges attempted murder case
- Probation arrests reflect Nevada County court ‘revolving door’