Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Crime
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death
- Nevada City man arrested for 5th time, misses his court date
- Police blotter: Nightly skateboarder in school hallways
- Police Blotter: March 10, 2014