Toni Lynn Abel Evans was born Dec. 4, 1955, in Ventura and passed away Nov. 20, 2012, in North San Juan. She was preceded in death by her son, James Beggs; her brother, Rick Abel; her father, Lester (Bud) Abel; her niece, Nikki Hendrix; and both maternal and paternal grandparents. She is survived by her mother, Connie Abel; her son, Christopher McCombs; her sister, Shelly Holland (Bryan); her brother, Randy Abel (Michele); her sister, Patti Plymesser; her beloved pet, Maidu; and numerous aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. Toni took in many children from the ridge, including Mike Dixon, who was a great help the last few months of her life. She will be dearly missed by all those who loved her. A memorial will take place at a later date.
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Grass Valley man arrested in connection with car theft
- Police blotter: IRS, PG&E scammers reported