Just recently, we lost former U.S. Sen. George McGovern. Although many will recall his disastrous 1972 loss to Richard Nixon and his subsequent leadership in getting us out of Vietnam, his truly lasting legacy will be his war on hunger and malnutrition.
Senator McGovern’s lasting legacy
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Youtube lesson leads to 2 arrests for outdoor honey oil lab
- Woman injured in solo crash on McCourtney Road
- Police Blotter April 21: Man yells in underwear, baby born on meth
- Police blotter: Gan signs, flash mobs