“Don’t forget the ladies,” Abigail Adams wrote to her husband, John Adams, as he and his fellow males gathered to create a new nation. It took nearly 150 years for women to legally have the right to vote, a right they already had ethically.
Women: don’t forget to vote
Trending in: Crime
- Fatal beating on Banner Mountain remains under investigation
- Alleged Penn Valley meth dealer facing federal indictment
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Police blotter: Alpacas always on the lam
- Probation arrests reflect Nevada County court ‘revolving door’