“Don’t forget the ladies,” Abigail Adams wrote to her husband, John Adams, as he and his fellow males gathered to create a new nation. It took nearly 150 years for women to legally have the right to vote, a right they already had ethically.
Women: don’t forget to vote
Trending in: Crime
- Two arrested on drug charges after probation search
- Suspect in Grass Valley vehicle break-ins pleads not guilty
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges
- Police blotter: Missing pig at center of theft dispute
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement