Christmas trees at local farms and pre-cut lots
December 7, 2007
Pre-cut, living and cut-your-own trees are available for Christmas decorating at lots, nurseries and farms throughout western Nevada County:
Pre-cut tree lots
– Ace A to Z Supply, 13396 Ridge Road, Grass Valley, 273-6608; open seven days, open until 8 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, call for other hours. A portion of tree sales benefits the Nevada Union High School Football Boosters.
– Toney’s Tree Service, on Railroad Avenue near Hills Flat Lumber Co. in Grass Valley. Always open, 477-8855. Virginia Toney and her family have been bringing trees to the area for 20 years.
Trees: Fresh-cut noble fir, Douglas fir and silvertip.
– Primrose Christmas Trees, 18552 Highway 20, Nevada City. Open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The family business (now led by Richard Siebrecht and Donna Granholm) has been bringing trees to the area for 50 years.
Recommended Stories For You
Trees available: Silvertip, grown on 1,000 acres managed by the owners near Sutter Buttes. Call 265-5605 for special orders.
– Figs Garden Center, 10342 Combie Road, southern Nevada County, 268-2000.
Trees: Live and pre-cut.
Living Christmas trees
– Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply, 125 Clydesdale Court, Grass Valley, 272-4769; open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
– Weiss Brothers nursery, 615 Maltman Drive, Grass Valley, 273-5814; open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Choose and cut farms
– Rainbow Ridge Christmas Tree Farm, 10737 Rainbow Ridge Road (off Allison Ranch Road), Grass Valley. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays through Mondays.
Trees: Douglas fir, white fir, grand fir, Colorado blue spruce.
– Willow Valley Christmas Tree Farm, 10642 Willow Valley Rd., Nevada City, 478-5859. Open 9 a.m. to dark Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The family-owned and operated tree farm has been in operation since 1987. Hot apple cider and candy canes will be available.
Trees: White fir, Douglas fir, sequoia and red fir (silvertip).
– Landsburg Tree Farm, 17400 Highway 49 (near Alta Sierra), Grass Valley, 273-1468; open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Ron and Sally Landsburg have been selling trees locally for more than 30 years and now grow Douglas fir and white fir on their tree farm near Alta Sierra.
– McBurney Tree Farm, 11197 Cedar Ridge Drive, Cedar Ridge, mcburneytreefarm.com; open 9 a.m. until dark. Bob and Katie McBurney started the farm in 1956, and they’ll cut the tree for you.
Trees: Sheared Douglas fir, white fir, red fir.
– Sue and Willie Brusin’s Cement Hill Road Christmas Tree Ranch, 13015 Cement Hill Rd., Nevada City, 265-4018; open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays through Mondays (closed Dec. 16).
Trees: Choose-and-cut Scotch pine, sequoia, Douglas fir; pre-cut red fir (silvertip) and white fir.
– Sunshine Valley Tree farm, 13124 Sunshine Valley Road, Grass Valley, 272-5630; open 9 a.m. until dusk.
To contact City Editor Trina Kleist, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 477-4230.