Workshop to focus on tools to help online businesses achieve success
April 17, 2014
On Tuesday, Nevada County Online will present Michelle Ulrich, digital marketer and communications consultant. Ulrich will show how "Getting the right tools makes it easier for businesses to achieve online success."
The workshop will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Madelyn Helling Library.
One passion of Ulrich's is to help small business owners be seen, heard and remembered. She said that building a solid online platform results in more brand visibility, increased lead generation and greater customer retention and provides growth and synergy for a business. During her presentation, Ulrich will cover how to become a Gmail Power User, integrate Chrome Extensions, utilize the Google Calendar and discover the versatility of Google Drive, including how to build online forms and surveys for free.
"Many think of Google as a place to go when you're searching for something on the Internet, but Google also has loads of free and fee-based tools to help you organize and market your business," Ulrich said.
Currently, she is the president of Virtual Business Marketing. She has taught online courses as a faculty member at both Shasta and Sierra colleges, as well as for private organizations where she gained a reputation for being an outstanding instructor, not only for her delivery, but also for her patience and attention to detail.
Over the past decade, Ulrich has been invited to speak with state legislators at the California State Capitol on business education issues.
She has also presented as far away as Waterford, Ireland, where she gave a talk on a business education curriculum that she and her colleagues developed for the California Community Colleges, according to her bio.
Nevada County online (NCO) is the largest business meetup group in Nevada County with 372 members.
The website is http://www.nevadacountyonline.com/. The Member Online Services tab lists all members and their services. NCO is for online beginners and experts and everyone in between.
All meetups are open to the public. A $5 donation is requested. RSVP online at http://www.meetup.com/NevadaCountyOnline/. Please park down the hill and not in the library parking lot.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Meet your merchant: Innovation in business — Grande Wood Designs to share retail space with Beam “Easy Living” Center
- Doug Behl and Ken Getz: Repurpose an existing laptop hard drive
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- What’s the scoop?: Nevada City’s Treats ice cream shop is on the move
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County