Waste Management promotes movie at Del Oro Theatre
June 26, 2014
The local community was invited to get up close and personal with one of Waste Management's compressed natural gas trucks Thursday. The truck was used in partnership with Paramount Pictures to promote the fourth film in director Michael Bay's global blockbuster franchise, "Transformers: Age of Extinction," which stars Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, and Kelsey Grammer.
Displayed on the 100 block of Mill Street at Grass Valley's Del Oro Theatre, the truck was equipped with several technological features, and operates on a clean-burning fuel. The truck also had a special edition decal tagged on the side illustrating a "WM" truck casting the shadow of a Transformer.
Grass Valley was selected to host the truck tour events to encourage fans of the Transformers brand, and the public, to start seeing vehicles on the road a little differently in advance of the film's release in theaters today. Prizes were given to attendees of the event throughout the night.
Unlike traditional diesel trucks, compressed natural gas vehicles reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 21 percent, have a quite engine, and consumes less fuel by an average of 8,000 gallons per year.
To contact Staff Writer Ivan Natividad, email email@example.com. or call 530-477-4236.
Trending In: Business
- Fundraiser to benefit Lefty’s Grill after devastating floods
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Canadian company buys Idaho-Maryland Mine for $2 million
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council