Trent will remain part time at Sierra Commons
February 11, 2013
Robert Trent, recently appointed the leader of the Nevada County Economic Resource Council, will stay on with the nonprofit business incubator Sierra Commons on a part-time basis.
"Robert will continue to serve Sierra Commons as executive director in a part-time capacity as he takes up his responsibilities as ERC ED," said Max Norton, Sierra Commons board president. "We're very happy that our longtime office manager, Kim Albanese, has agreed to assume additional operational responsibilities."
Trent has been the executive director since the organization's inception in 2009.
"His appointment to the post at the ERC is a validation that Sierra Commons' ground-up focus on micro-enterprise and small business has become a key building block for economic rejuvenation in Nevada County, as well as a testament to his personal capacity and expertise in economic development," Norton said.
Trent will be busy with the ERC, as the organization has a $120,000 contract with the county to enhance tourism activity in Nevada County.
Lisa Swarthout, a Grass Valley councilwoman who sits on the ERC's executive committee, said Trent will be expected to build consensus among disparate tourist-related entities, such as the various community chambers of commerce.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Business
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later