Sugar Bowl Academy breaks ground on new campus
October 16, 2012
Scheduled for completion in January 2014, Sugar Bowl Academy's new campus project includes a new academic building housing eight classrooms (two of which will be science labs), administrative offices, and faculty workspace; and a co-ed dormitory which will house 33 residential students and two faculty apartments.
Additional features of the academy's new campus project will include a state-of-the-art athletic facility in the heart of the Sugar Bowl Village — being developed in conjunction with Sugar Bowl Corporation — and the repurposing of the academy's current classrooms into coaches offices and additional locker room space.
Sugar Bowl Academy is an eighth- through 12th-grade college preparatory school for alpine, nordic, and freeride skiers.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2011-2012 academic year. For information, visit http://www.sbacademy.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Meet Your Merchant: Maria’s Mexican Restaurant to celebrate its 25th anniversary
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Tech Tips: Don’t lose your contacts if you replace your phone
- Susan George: Full summer schedule for Nevada County’s chambers of commerce
- Gym crazy?: Competition pumps up in the local health and fitness sector
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation