Sugar Bowl Academy breaks ground on new campus
October 16, 2012
Scheduled for completion in January 2014, Sugar Bowl Academy's new campus project includes a new academic building housing eight classrooms (two of which will be science labs), administrative offices, and faculty workspace; and a co-ed dormitory which will house 33 residential students and two faculty apartments.
Additional features of the academy's new campus project will include a state-of-the-art athletic facility in the heart of the Sugar Bowl Village — being developed in conjunction with Sugar Bowl Corporation — and the repurposing of the academy's current classrooms into coaches offices and additional locker room space.
Sugar Bowl Academy is an eighth- through 12th-grade college preparatory school for alpine, nordic, and freeride skiers.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2011-2012 academic year. For information, visit http://www.sbacademy.org.
Trending In: Business
- Music, laughter play key role in Dr. Russ Randall’s 40-year-old chiropractic practice
- Wolf Mountain Day Spa: Business provides organic health and beauty products
- Grass Valley Brewing Company hopes to be open by end of 2017
- Meet Your Merchant: Longtime Grass Valley businesses combine history of repair and installation
- Tahoe fishing charters provide fun, successful excursions
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted