Sugar Bowl Academy breaks ground on new campus
October 16, 2012
Scheduled for completion in January 2014, Sugar Bowl Academy's new campus project includes a new academic building housing eight classrooms (two of which will be science labs), administrative offices, and faculty workspace; and a co-ed dormitory which will house 33 residential students and two faculty apartments.
Additional features of the academy's new campus project will include a state-of-the-art athletic facility in the heart of the Sugar Bowl Village — being developed in conjunction with Sugar Bowl Corporation — and the repurposing of the academy's current classrooms into coaches offices and additional locker room space.
Sugar Bowl Academy is an eighth- through 12th-grade college preparatory school for alpine, nordic, and freeride skiers.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2011-2012 academic year. For information, visit http://www.sbacademy.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Meet your merchant: Innovation in business — Grande Wood Designs to share retail space with Beam “Easy Living” Center
- Doug Behl and Ken Getz: Repurpose an existing laptop hard drive
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- What’s the scoop?: Nevada City’s Treats ice cream shop is on the move
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County