SPD contributes more than $200K to community
April 22, 2013
More than 50 representatives from 24 local schools and nonprofit organizations Thursday at the Grass Valley store on McKnight Way to show their appreciation to SPD. Many groups presented Ben Painter with signs, banners, cards and gifts to demonstrate their appreciation.
In 2012, SPD contributed $204,266.64 to these and other organizations through the SPD Community Card Program. Once registered, every time a shopper presents the SPD Community Card at checkout, their organization benefits. Administered by eScrip, the program allows local schools, and nonprofit organizations to raise much needed funds. For more information, or to sign up to participate, see a cashier at the Grass Valley or Nevada City SPD or visit http://www.escrip.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- Thomas Elias: The truth on California’s healthy economy
- After 54 years, Gold Bowl closes for good
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- California-style restaurant Wild Eye Pub looks to take over Empire House
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton