SPD contributes more than $200K to community
April 22, 2013
More than 50 representatives from 24 local schools and nonprofit organizations Thursday at the Grass Valley store on McKnight Way to show their appreciation to SPD. Many groups presented Ben Painter with signs, banners, cards and gifts to demonstrate their appreciation.
In 2012, SPD contributed $204,266.64 to these and other organizations through the SPD Community Card Program. Once registered, every time a shopper presents the SPD Community Card at checkout, their organization benefits. Administered by eScrip, the program allows local schools, and nonprofit organizations to raise much needed funds. For more information, or to sign up to participate, see a cashier at the Grass Valley or Nevada City SPD or visit http://www.escrip.com.
Trending In: Business
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Friar Tuck’s Restaurant and Bar owner Greg Cook dead at 66
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)
- New owners to bring new life to Frank’s Pizza in downtown GV
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows