SPD contributes more than $200K to community
April 22, 2013
More than 50 representatives from 24 local schools and nonprofit organizations Thursday at the Grass Valley store on McKnight Way to show their appreciation to SPD. Many groups presented Ben Painter with signs, banners, cards and gifts to demonstrate their appreciation.
In 2012, SPD contributed $204,266.64 to these and other organizations through the SPD Community Card Program. Once registered, every time a shopper presents the SPD Community Card at checkout, their organization benefits. Administered by eScrip, the program allows local schools, and nonprofit organizations to raise much needed funds. For more information, or to sign up to participate, see a cashier at the Grass Valley or Nevada City SPD or visit http://www.escrip.com.
Trending In: Business
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death