SPD contributes more than $200K to community
April 22, 2013
More than 50 representatives from 24 local schools and nonprofit organizations Thursday at the Grass Valley store on McKnight Way to show their appreciation to SPD. Many groups presented Ben Painter with signs, banners, cards and gifts to demonstrate their appreciation.
In 2012, SPD contributed $204,266.64 to these and other organizations through the SPD Community Card Program. Once registered, every time a shopper presents the SPD Community Card at checkout, their organization benefits. Administered by eScrip, the program allows local schools, and nonprofit organizations to raise much needed funds. For more information, or to sign up to participate, see a cashier at the Grass Valley or Nevada City SPD or visit http://www.escrip.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- ‘Big-hearted boss:’ Matteo’s Public owner extends opportunity, support beyond the next shift
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- ‘Peeps’ networks Nevada County
- Meet Your Merchant: XPCamper
- Meet your merchant: Innovation in business — Grande Wood Designs to share retail space with Beam “Easy Living” Center
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville