Snowmaking underway; Nov. 16 opening slated at Northstar
November 19, 2012
Snowmaking underway at Northstar, set to open Nov. 16
TAHOE/TRUCKEE — Winter arrived at Northstar with plenty of fresh snow at the summit. Taking advantage of the cold temperatures, Northstar has fired up the largest snowmaking system on the north shore and is making snow in order to offer some of the best early-season conditions around the lake when the resort opens Nov. 16.
For those who haven't yet purchased their season pass, the Tahoe Local Pass remains unmatched in value, price and experience with access to more than 263 trails, 14 terrain parks and 10,270 acres combined at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in California and Nevada.
The resort's scheduled winter season is Nov. 16 through April 14, weather and conditions permitting. For the latest snow conditions, upcoming event information, and opening-day updates, visit http://www.NorthstarCalifornia.com or Northstar's Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/Northstar.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Business
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier