Snowmaking underway; Nov. 16 opening slated at Northstar
November 19, 2012
Snowmaking underway at Northstar, set to open Nov. 16
TAHOE/TRUCKEE — Winter arrived at Northstar with plenty of fresh snow at the summit. Taking advantage of the cold temperatures, Northstar has fired up the largest snowmaking system on the north shore and is making snow in order to offer some of the best early-season conditions around the lake when the resort opens Nov. 16.
For those who haven't yet purchased their season pass, the Tahoe Local Pass remains unmatched in value, price and experience with access to more than 263 trails, 14 terrain parks and 10,270 acres combined at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in California and Nevada.
The resort's scheduled winter season is Nov. 16 through April 14, weather and conditions permitting. For the latest snow conditions, upcoming event information, and opening-day updates, visit http://www.NorthstarCalifornia.com or Northstar's Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/Northstar.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- What’s the scoop?: Nevada City’s Treats ice cream shop is on the move
- Thomas Elias: The truth on California’s healthy economy
- After 54 years, Gold Bowl closes for good
- Stella’s to fill void by vacated Las Katarinas restaurant
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local