Snowmaking underway; Nov. 16 opening slated at Northstar
November 19, 2012
Snowmaking underway at Northstar, set to open Nov. 16
TAHOE/TRUCKEE — Winter arrived at Northstar with plenty of fresh snow at the summit. Taking advantage of the cold temperatures, Northstar has fired up the largest snowmaking system on the north shore and is making snow in order to offer some of the best early-season conditions around the lake when the resort opens Nov. 16.
For those who haven't yet purchased their season pass, the Tahoe Local Pass remains unmatched in value, price and experience with access to more than 263 trails, 14 terrain parks and 10,270 acres combined at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in California and Nevada.
The resort's scheduled winter season is Nov. 16 through April 14, weather and conditions permitting. For the latest snow conditions, upcoming event information, and opening-day updates, visit http://www.NorthstarCalifornia.com or Northstar's Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/Northstar.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- Thomas Elias: The truth on California’s healthy economy
- After 54 years, Gold Bowl closes for good
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- California-style restaurant Wild Eye Pub looks to take over Empire House
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton