Snowmaking underway; Nov. 16 opening slated at Northstar
November 19, 2012
Snowmaking underway at Northstar, set to open Nov. 16
TAHOE/TRUCKEE — Winter arrived at Northstar with plenty of fresh snow at the summit. Taking advantage of the cold temperatures, Northstar has fired up the largest snowmaking system on the north shore and is making snow in order to offer some of the best early-season conditions around the lake when the resort opens Nov. 16.
For those who haven’t yet purchased their season pass, the Tahoe Local Pass remains unmatched in value, price and experience with access to more than 263 trails, 14 terrain parks and 10,270 acres combined at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in California and Nevada.
The resort’s scheduled winter season is Nov. 16 through April 14, weather and conditions permitting. For the latest snow conditions, upcoming event information, and opening-day updates, visit http://www.NorthstarCalifornia.com or Northstar’s Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/Northstar.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Business
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Meet Your Merchant: XPCamper
- Bruce Williams: New pool encroaches on neighbors’ property
- All in the family: Mother Truckers, Natural Selection, and now The Country Store
- Grass Valley-based Prosperity Path Financial and Insurance Solutions accepts all clients but caters to women