Seminar on blogging set for next week
January 16, 2014
Erin Thiem of the Outside Inn in Nevada City will discuss blogging for businesses with Internet marketing expert Coryon Redd from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Jan. 15.
"Grow you Business Through Blogging and Other Social Media Outlets," will be presented by Sierra Commons.
A blog is a comprehensive medium that provides detailed information about a business, services and products, according to Sierra Commons.
Business blogging is fast becoming a vital part of any online strategy.
When utilized effectively, a blog can be a valuable asset for a company.
Thiem and Redd will give some tips and ideas for launching a blog site to increase community presence and customer base.
"When I returned from New Zealand after a five-year stint of living abroad, I knew that my job at the Outside Inn would require me to recommend places to eat, directions, points of historical interests, etc., and it had been awhile since I'd been to some of the local hot spots," Thiem said.
"So, I created the InnSide Nevada City blog to combine my love of taking photos and help encourage me to get out and explore our community. Over the last three years, I've written over 500 blog posts, taken over 6,000 photos and created a new appreciation for my hometown."
Her blog has developed a large following.
"I am honored the blog has inspired others and love getting feedback from people around the globe on how much they love our little town because of the photos," Thiem said.
"The Outside Inn has benefited from my community involvement with the blog, and I look forward to sharing some of the tips I've learned along the way with the business blogging class."
See InnSide Nevada City at http://outsideinn.com/blog.
"Grow your Business Through Blogging and Other Social Media Outlets" costs $25 to attend.
For information, or to register, go to http://sierracommons.org/blogging-to-grow-your-business-with-erin-thiem-and-coryon-redd/.
Trending In: Business
- Fundraiser to benefit Lefty’s Grill after devastating floods
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Canadian company buys Idaho-Maryland Mine for $2 million
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council