River Valley bank appoints director
January 8, 2014
River Valley Community Bank has announced the appointment of Grass Valley native Joe Griggs to its board of directors.
Griggs fills the position vacated by the retirement of William Gilbert, who served on the bank's board since its formation in 2006. Griggs has lived in the Grass Valley area for more than five decades and is currently an official with Robinson Enterprises Inc.; he has been with the firm since 1978. He is also a board member of Associated California Loggers.
"We believe it is important to further demonstrate our commitment to the Grass Valley area, and selecting a quality member of the community is part of the plan," River Valley Chairman Gary Thiara said in a statement. "We are certain that Joe will be a valuable addition to our board and add to our efforts toward building business in the Grass Valley marketplace and supporting our new branch.
"Finally, on behalf of our board and management team, we thank Bill Gilbert for his outstanding service to the bank over the past several years. His knowledge, wisdom and band board experience will certainly be missed."
Trending In: Business
- Fundraiser to benefit Lefty’s Grill after devastating floods
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Friar Tuck’s Restaurant and Bar owner Greg Cook dead at 66
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)