New Grass Valley studio KinFolk Yoga
August 1, 2013
What: KinFolk Yoga
Where: In the historic Alpha Building at 204 W. Main St. Suite 104, Grass Valley.
Contact: Contact 530-264-8693 or visit http://www.KinFolkYoga.com
Initial cost: For anyone new to KinFolk Yoga, an introductory special is offered at $40 for 30 days
Grass Valley has a new hub for health and happiness in the form of newly established KinFolk Yoga.
KinFolk Yoga owner Mandy Lucchese said she is dedicated to creating a safe, nurturing and welcoming environment.
"It's the new neighborhood yoga studio," she said. "We're really creating a community feel here."
Lucchese was co-owner of Wild Mountain Yoga in Nevada City with founding owner Katie Carter and credits Carter with inspiring Lucchese's vision for KinFolk Yoga.
“It’s the new neighborhood yoga studio. We’re really creating a community feel here.”
KinFolk Yoga owner
"When I came to Nevada County (in 1998), the first thing that felt like a second home to me was Wild Mountain Yoga," she said. "Katie pretty much groomed me. She was my mentor. She was my teacher. She was my inspiration."
Katie Carter's vision was one of "creating something that is for the community, that is sacred," said Lucchese. "I feel like that has been infused in me, and that's what I tried to carry through Wild Mountain Yoga and now have branched off and taken here to Grass Valley."
KinFolk Yoga focuses on a therapeutic approach.
"We have restorative yoga; vinyasa, which is a more active sequence; and basic hatha, for someone who is brand new to yoga," said Lucchese.
For those who have had injuries, who have back pain, who are coming out of an illness or something that has been emotionally traumatizing, the yoga basics and the restorative yoga are ideal. All classes are led by instructors with many years of experience.
"We have a really dynamic lineup of teachers," said Lucchese. "As an owner, you're only as good as those you work with. It's just really a privilege for me to have found such experts and professionals in the field of yoga who want to join together at KinFolk Yoga."
KinFolk Yoga has made its home in the historic Alpha Building, built in 1860, at 204 W. Main St., Suite 104, Grass Valley.
"The building retains its original stone walls — a feast for the eyes, and the original wooden floors have a very grounding effect," said Lucchese. "The historic touches create an atmosphere of beauty and connection with the past and present."
Trending In: Business
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Canadian company buys Idaho-Maryland Mine for $2 million
- Lefty’s Grill recovering from flood, targets Feb. 2 reopening in Nevada City
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday