Nearly 500 attend BriarPatch owner meeting
December 8, 2012
Celebrating the International Year of the Cooperative, BriarPatch Co-op's annual owner meeting drew almost 500 attendees.
The October event was celebrated with food and presentations, including guest speaker David Thompson, Cooperative Hall of Fame honoree. The evening ended with the music of the Jamal Walker Band.
BriarPatch owners should save the date for next year's meeting, "A Cajun Carnival." On Oct. 10, 2013, Cajun cuisine will be served and zydeco music by The Bayou Boys will keep toes tapping.
Founded in 1976, BriarPatch Co-op is Nevada County's leading natural-food grocer and the county's first LEED-certified commercial green building. A cooperative business, BriarPatch has 6,000 owners and is open to the public. BriarPatch Co-op is located at 290 Sierra College Drive in Grass Valley.
For information, visit http://www.briarpatch.coop or call (530) 272-5333.
Trending In: Business
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier