Nearly 500 attend BriarPatch owner meeting
December 8, 2012
Celebrating the International Year of the Cooperative, BriarPatch Co-op's annual owner meeting drew almost 500 attendees.
The October event was celebrated with food and presentations, including guest speaker David Thompson, Cooperative Hall of Fame honoree. The evening ended with the music of the Jamal Walker Band.
BriarPatch owners should save the date for next year's meeting, "A Cajun Carnival." On Oct. 10, 2013, Cajun cuisine will be served and zydeco music by The Bayou Boys will keep toes tapping.
Founded in 1976, BriarPatch Co-op is Nevada County's leading natural-food grocer and the county's first LEED-certified commercial green building. A cooperative business, BriarPatch has 6,000 owners and is open to the public. BriarPatch Co-op is located at 290 Sierra College Drive in Grass Valley.
For information, visit http://www.briarpatch.coop or call (530) 272-5333.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- Thomas Elias: The truth on California’s healthy economy
- After 54 years, Gold Bowl closes for good
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- California-style restaurant Wild Eye Pub looks to take over Empire House
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton