MacDonald: Step up, play your game
June 3, 2013
What's the big game you want to start winning? What is that project or venture that you have been putting off? You know the one … it would be life changing if you achieved it.
You may be feeling it could be catastrophic if you were to fail; but, oh my gosh, how cool would it be if you could step on the other side and live in that place of already having achieved it? Wow! How would your life be even better? What is the cost to you of playing it safe and not going for it?
Many of us, myself included, can make up a story that we couldn't handle failure or maybe even the possibility of failure.
Some people preach, "Failure is not an option." Give me a break. Failure is the most probable outcome there is. If you really want to achieve your dreams, then giving up after failure is not an option.
Here are eight power questions you can ask yourself next time you feel stuck or lose your courage to go after what you know you were put on this earth to do.
These questions are designed to help you shift your perspective and see yourself in a more empowering light.
Recommended Stories For You
Think about what is keeping you up at night or waking you up at 2 a.m. As you have that in mind, ask yourself these questions and write out your answers.
1. If I were not concerned about what anyone else thought, what would I do?
2. What have I not tried because I was concerned about looking good?
3. If it were completely safe, what would I risk?
4. How can I anchor or lock in a sense of safety as I take this step?
5. What would be the safe choice? What would be the daring choice?
6. What do I fear might happen? Could I cope with that?
7. What would it take for me to overcome my fears and take action?
What did you come up with so far? Having answered these first seven questions, do you feel more empowered? Are you starting to see more possibilities in how to play and win your big game?
Now that you are coming from a different perspective, here is question No. 8: What is the next action you are willing to take and start winning your big game?
Write that down in your calendar or task list so you will see it when you need to see it and can do something about it.
Give thought to what support you want from your coach, mentor, advisor, or partner as you take this step and ask for it.
Stay courageous. You deserve it.
Make it up, make it fun and make it happen!
Machen P. MacDonald, CPCC, CCSC is s a certified life and business coach with ProBrilliance Leadership Institute in Grass Valley, CA. He helps business people gain more clarity, confidence and certainty to live their ideal life. He can be reached at http://probrilliance.com and 530-273-8000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Sourdough & Co. to open in Grass Valley
- Meet your merchant: Tucked away, Royal Dragon II popular for 22 years
- Tech Tips: Upgrade to iOS 11?
- River Valley Community Bank breaks ground for new building in Grass Valley
- Meet your merchant: Tragedy leads woman to start healthy pet food business in Nevada County