Kane’s Fine Food in downtown Grass Valley features new renovations
July 22, 2013
Kane's Family Restaurant has a snazzy new patio and front area that was revealed to downtown Grass Valley last week.
"Everything is sparkling new," said owner John Kane.
The remodeled space includes a front patio area with more than a dozen tables that can seat 42 guests, a fountain, heaters and ceiling fans and an expanded bar area inside with a 30-foot bartop, seating for 60 and a fireplace.
The bar is also equipped with a 10-keg system that chills beers to 38 degrees, Kane said, using local microbrews from ol' Republic Brewery.
"It's the coldest beer around," he said. "It's really, really nice and the patio is beautiful."
The restaurant will host a grand opening July 11 with performances by the Dean-O-Holics and entertainment 5:30 to 9 p.m. by the "Rat Pack" with appearances by Frank Sinatra and Marilyn Monroe impersonators and free appetizers and drink specials.
The improved space is planned to host live music 365 days a year, Kane said, adding, "I want to have music seven days a week as long as I can do it."
The five-month renovation involved local workers from Sierra Nevada Construction and local materials.
"Ninety-nine percent was done by locals. Even the tables were made here," Kane said. "I am proud of the people who put this together. Everybody is local, great people, and I am very proud of that."
The restaurant was open while the construction was being done, though visitors had to enter through the back entrance. Now that the front entrance is open, Kane said business has been even better.
"The floodgates are open, which is great. It's hard to run a business when the front door isn't open," he joked.
Kane's Family Restaurant at 120 E. Main St. in downtown Grass Valley can be contacted at 530-273-8111. The hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and the bar is open until midnight.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- ‘Big-hearted boss:’ Matteo’s Public owner extends opportunity, support beyond the next shift
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- ‘Peeps’ networks Nevada County
- Meet Your Merchant: XPCamper
- Meet your merchant: Innovation in business — Grande Wood Designs to share retail space with Beam “Easy Living” Center
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations