Grass Valley JC Penney saved from closures
March 17, 2017
The JC Penney Co. Grass Valley location isn't going anywhere.
The company announced in February that it would be closing anywhere between 130 and 140 stores in the coming months, but declined to list the locations.
On Friday, the list of 138 closures was released, and the store at 732 Freeman Lane will remain.
The only California locations closing are located in Lodi, Richmond, Orange and Bishop.
The Grass Valley store's plans to add a Sephora makeup center was a hint the local franchise wasn't on the retail giant's closure list.
In addition to the 138 stores, JC Penney will close a supply chain facility in Lakeland, Florida, and relocate one supply chain in Buena Park, California.
— Stephen Roberson
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Business
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death