Grass Valley JC Penney saved from closures
March 17, 2017
The JC Penney Co. Grass Valley location isn't going anywhere.
The company announced in February that it would be closing anywhere between 130 and 140 stores in the coming months, but declined to list the locations.
On Friday, the list of 138 closures was released, and the store at 732 Freeman Lane will remain.
The only California locations closing are located in Lodi, Richmond, Orange and Bishop.
The Grass Valley store's plans to add a Sephora makeup center was a hint the local franchise wasn't on the retail giant's closure list.
In addition to the 138 stores, JC Penney will close a supply chain facility in Lakeland, Florida, and relocate one supply chain in Buena Park, California.
— Stephen Roberson
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Business
- New owners of The Artist Workshop expand on successful approach
- Meet Your Merchant: Longtime Grass Valley businesses combine history of repair and installation
- Penn Valley Market owner falls prey to false internet rumor
- Tri-Counties Bank Lake of the Pines branch closure forcing Bear River ASB to change institutions
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Car drives into Grass Valley Papa Murphy’s store
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- Nevada County deputies find suspected meth, 100 pounds of pot, reports state
- DA moves to dismiss drug charges, cites former detective’s ‘inappropriate relationship’ with informant