Grass Valley JC Penney saved from closures
March 17, 2017
The JC Penney Co. Grass Valley location isn't going anywhere.
The company announced in February that it would be closing anywhere between 130 and 140 stores in the coming months, but declined to list the locations.
On Friday, the list of 138 closures was released, and the store at 732 Freeman Lane will remain.
The only California locations closing are located in Lodi, Richmond, Orange and Bishop.
The Grass Valley store's plans to add a Sephora makeup center was a hint the local franchise wasn't on the retail giant's closure list.
In addition to the 138 stores, JC Penney will close a supply chain facility in Lakeland, Florida, and relocate one supply chain in Buena Park, California.
— Stephen Roberson
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Business
- Fired Forest Lake principal rejects school’s accusations
- New center in Nevada City hoping to have positive impact
- Pair accused in Downieville home invasion held in Nevada County Jail, reports state
- NEVADA UNION ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2017: Dennis Houlihan
- Nevada City Planning Commission approves housing development