Friday films series to screen at BriarPatch
February 5, 2013
Films on food, the environment and agriculture — what could be more fitting for screenings at BriarPatch Co-op?
Beginning at 7 p.m. Friday and continuing each Friday in February, BriarPatch is proud to screen award-winning films that you may have missed at the recent South Yuba River Citizens League Wild and Scenic Film Festival. All screenings are free and open to the public. Come early, as seating in the BriarPatch Community Room is limited.
The Friday Food Film series includes showings of "Cafeteria Man" this Friday, "Greening the Revolution" Feb. 8, "In Organic We Trust" Feb. 15 and "Symphony of the Soil" Feb. 22.
Founded in 1976, BriarPatch Co-op is Nevada County's leading natural food grocer and the county's first LEED-certified commercial green building.
A cooperative business, BriarPatch has 4,500 owners and is open to the public. BriarPatch Co-op is located at 290 Sierra College Drive in Grass Valley. Visit http://briarpatch.coop or call 530-272-5333 for information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Meet your merchant: Innovation in business — Grande Wood Designs to share retail space with Beam “Easy Living” Center
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- ‘Peeps’ networks Nevada County
- Stella’s to fill void by vacated Las Katarinas restaurant
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws