English language tutor training begins
March 10, 2014
Partners in English Language Learning a nonprofit organization, will host a two-day volunteer New Tutor Training beginning Saturday. PIELL offer's one-on-one English Language tutoring to adults in Nevada County at no charge. They train volunteers to teach English as a second language and match them with a student who is an adult non-native speaker. After completing the two-day training, tutors are matched with a student and meet at a mutually convenient place for one to one and a half hours per week.
PiELL has recently been experiencing an influx of students looking to either learn basic English, or better their English speaking skills. Currently they have a diverse group of adults waiting to be matched with tutors. The majority of their clients come wanting to better their English language skills in order to communicate with their children's teachers, get a better job, or just become more comfortable speaking to others in the community.
The two-day volunteer New Tutor Training will be Saturday and March 22. Those interested in attending this training and helping someone better their English skills should contact PIELL at 274-8428 or at email@example.com.
Trending In: Business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo