English language tutor training begins
March 10, 2014
Partners in English Language Learning a nonprofit organization, will host a two-day volunteer New Tutor Training beginning Saturday. PIELL offer’s one-on-one English Language tutoring to adults in Nevada County at no charge. They train volunteers to teach English as a second language and match them with a student who is an adult non-native speaker. After completing the two-day training, tutors are matched with a student and meet at a mutually convenient place for one to one and a half hours per week.
PiELL has recently been experiencing an influx of students looking to either learn basic English, or better their English speaking skills. Currently they have a diverse group of adults waiting to be matched with tutors. The majority of their clients come wanting to better their English language skills in order to communicate with their children’s teachers, get a better job, or just become more comfortable speaking to others in the community.
The two-day volunteer New Tutor Training will be Saturday and March 22. Those interested in attending this training and helping someone better their English skills should contact PIELL at 274-8428 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Business
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)
- Friar Tuck’s Restaurant and Bar owner Greg Cook dead at 66
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Canadian company buys Idaho-Maryland Mine for $2 million
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers