Elegant Salvage celebrates grand opening Saturday
November 7, 2013
Elegant Salvage in Chicago Park will be celebrating a grand opening Saturday.
Located at 16282 Mount Olive Road, Grass Valley, Elegant Salvage offers repurposed and repainted furniture, antiques and art.
The business opened in July and wants to celebrate its success so far and pay thanks to the community, said owner Jeri Dean.
"It's a long time coming because it took a long time to get the store going," she said. "Chicago Park is such a sweet community, and they've been so supportive of the store."
The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., with food beginning around noon, and will include food booths, frozen yogurt and a free raffle worth $100.
Store inventory changes weekly and includes vintage decor and hyper-local artists, three-quarters of whom are from Chicago Park.
"The locals are kind of surprised to know that many artists live in their community because we're a really artsy community as a whole in Nevada County," Dean said. "A lot of people are moving into Chicago Park from the Bay Area, buying parcels and eventually wanting to retire up here. It's neat to meet all the new people coming into the area."
The store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday to Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Business
- Fundraiser to benefit Lefty’s Grill after devastating floods
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Canadian company buys Idaho-Maryland Mine for $2 million
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council