California Solar moves to downtown Grass Valley
November 22, 2013
One of Nevada County's largest solar companies has moved into downtown Grass Valley.
California Solar has undergone renovations since July and doubled its space with its new location at 149 E. Main St., Grass Valley.
The new 4,000-square-foot location will afford more community outreach and education opportunities with a large showroom area to demonstrate the mechanics of solar technology, said California Solar owner Lars Ortegren.
The move to a downtown location also aligns with the company values of supporting the local community, said sales manager Brandon Davis.
"The renovation gave us an opportunity to revitalize a historic building in Grass Valley which will attract people to our city," Davis said, adding the company also has a referral agreement with local businesses in which California Solar customers receive a gift card from a local participating business if they refer a new customer to California Solar. "We really think it helps our community through donations and support," Davis said.
The referral bonuses help support the business, which requires little maintenance and follow-up after installation and setup, Davis said, adding it also supports a company value of keeping dollars local.
"One of the hardest parts of our business is that when we sell a solar system, you don't need a lot of services from us for the next 10 to 25 years, so we've got to work hard to get new people in the door all the time," he said. "The way we do that is with the referral bonuses to our previous customers. We've decided it's really important to keep our dollars local."
California Solar is located two doors away from Pacific Gas & Electric, which highlights the choices Nevada County consumers have, Davis said, hoping that choice will be solar.
"Right now, consumers have a choice to continue to receive electricity from their existing utilities company or choose an alternative that's more environmentally friendly, safer and, most importantly, cheaper," Davis said. "We really want everyone to think of California Solar as Nevada County's new utility company."
California Solar will celebrate with a grand opening 3 to 7 p.m. Friday.
For information, contact 530-274-3671.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Meet your merchant: Innovation in business — Grande Wood Designs to share retail space with Beam “Easy Living” Center
- Utterly delicious: Nevada City’s Wheyward Girl Creamery teaches customers how to turn milk into cheese
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- ‘Peeps’ networks Nevada County
- Stella’s to fill void by vacated Las Katarinas restaurant
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws