California Solar moves to downtown Grass Valley
November 22, 2013
One of Nevada County’s largest solar companies has moved into downtown Grass Valley.
California Solar has undergone renovations since July and doubled its space with its new location at 149 E. Main St., Grass Valley.
The new 4,000-square-foot location will afford more community outreach and education opportunities with a large showroom area to demonstrate the mechanics of solar technology, said California Solar owner Lars Ortegren.
The move to a downtown location also aligns with the company values of supporting the local community, said sales manager Brandon Davis.
“The renovation gave us an opportunity to revitalize a historic building in Grass Valley which will attract people to our city,” Davis said, adding the company also has a referral agreement with local businesses in which California Solar customers receive a gift card from a local participating business if they refer a new customer to California Solar. “We really think it helps our community through donations and support,” Davis said.
The referral bonuses help support the business, which requires little maintenance and follow-up after installation and setup, Davis said, adding it also supports a company value of keeping dollars local.
“One of the hardest parts of our business is that when we sell a solar system, you don’t need a lot of services from us for the next 10 to 25 years, so we’ve got to work hard to get new people in the door all the time,” he said. “The way we do that is with the referral bonuses to our previous customers. We’ve decided it’s really important to keep our dollars local.”
California Solar is located two doors away from Pacific Gas & Electric, which highlights the choices Nevada County consumers have, Davis said, hoping that choice will be solar.
“Right now, consumers have a choice to continue to receive electricity from their existing utilities company or choose an alternative that’s more environmentally friendly, safer and, most importantly, cheaper,” Davis said. “We really want everyone to think of California Solar as Nevada County’s new utility company.”
California Solar will celebrate with a grand opening 3 to 7 p.m. Friday.
For information, contact 530-274-3671.
Trending In: Business
- New business in Grass Valley hopes to allow everyone to reach new heights
- Heavy rains flood Lefty’s in Nevada City, push back reopening (VIDEO)
- Friar Tuck’s Restaurant and Bar owner Greg Cook dead at 66
- Canadian company buys Idaho-Maryland Mine for $2 million
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers