Back in 2008, Argentina nationalized $30 billion worth of assets under the guise of “protecting” the people from the perils of a volatile capitalistic system. Less than two years later, what is the Argentinean government doing with that private money that it has now seized? It is using those nationalized pension funds to finance its current spending. No surprise there.
Watch out for private fund talks
Trending in: Business
- Siri tries to get involved in conversation
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- Grass Valley adoption center named Woman-owned Business of the Year
- 2 organizations sponsor time management workshops
- Learning at the speed of life