Allan and Doris, retired, income-oriented clients from Arizona, called recently, wanting to know how a “government shutdown” would impact their financial lives. They sounded exasperated, having listened to hours and hours of media commentators talking about an elusive “government.” Ongoing reports ominously attacked an inhuman government not meeting deadlines. Republicans and Democrats cleverly shift the focus to what the government has irresponsibly taken from us. Friends and neighbors fearfully commented on how that evasive government is unremittingly taking from the “cookie jar” for their benefit and not ours.
Whose ‘cookie jar’ is this, anyway?!
Trending in: Business
- Siri tries to get involved in conversation
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- Grass Valley adoption center named Woman-owned Business of the Year
- Meet Your Merchant: Consignments Unlimited in Grass Valley
- 2 organizations sponsor time management workshops