A wise man once said, “It’s really hard to go from healthy to dead without getting really sick first.” In the business of creating wealth and saving for retirement, we don’t always think about the things that could easily wipe out a lifetime of work. However, we are living a good deal longer than ever and it’s highly likely that about 70 percent of us will get injured or get sick enough to need some care assistance in our lifetimes, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Clearinghouse for Long-term Care information. When this happens, medical insurance may cover our initial treatments, but the ongoing costs for care can be very expensive and most of us would much rather be cared for in the comfort our own homes. When assistance is needed an extra $2,000, $5,000, $10,000 or more in monthly income would certainly give you and your family additional choices with less stress.
Protect wealth from poor health
Trending in: Business
- Networked Insurance Agents’ move signals a fresh start
- AT&T expands network in Grass Valley area
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- Meet Your Merchant: Consignments Unlimited in Grass Valley
- Serra Corporation to close Nevada City manufacturing operations