A transient with a mining camp on the Bear River was arrested after a deputy reportedly found several marijuana plants at his campsite. People had been calling in complaints about transients setting up camps in the area, on the Bear River upstream from Dog Bar, said Nevada County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt, adding there had been concerns about mining activities and fires.
Marijuana plants at mining camp lead to arrest
Trending in: Business
- Siteline Architecture hires new staff member
- RVC Bank to give shareholders special dividend
- Penn Valley Fire staff uncovers hazardous waste violations at routine inspection
- Commentary: Take advantage of highs by trimming gains
- We are taxed, taxed and taxed again