A transient with a mining camp on the Bear River was arrested after a deputy reportedly found several marijuana plants at his campsite. People had been calling in complaints about transients setting up camps in the area, on the Bear River upstream from Dog Bar, said Nevada County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt, adding there had been concerns about mining activities and fires.
Marijuana plants at mining camp lead to arrest
Trending in: Business
- Networked Insurance Agents’ move signals a fresh start
- AT&T expands network in Grass Valley area
- Serra Corporation to close Nevada City manufacturing operations
- Workshop to focus on tools to help online businesses achieve success
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy